With the holiday season rapidly approaching, many are frantically working to get their lights up. However, with so many different types of lights, it can be a daunting task. To ease the situation, we'll discuss some of the most common Christmas lights and the pros and cons of each ones.
There are two main types of bulb types: LED and incandescent.
- LED lights use less energy and run much cooler than incandescent ones.
- They make a good choice for Christmas trees, garlands, and landscaping.
- More energy efficient, which means more savings!
- Long-lasting lights.
- Additionally, they come in a large variety of colors, sizes and shapes like snowflakes or stars!
- Can't produce that traditional christmas glow like the incandescent lights.
- More expensive upfront than their incandescent counterparts.
- Incandescent lights are older tech with a warmer glow
- Cheaper than LED inititially but will cost more in the long run.
- More intense light glow than LED
- Incandescent lights run much hotter than LED lights
- Not recommended to be hung around anything that can catch fire easily.
- Need to be replaced way more often.